Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airpod prop fuzzy microphone

The right AirPods pro microphone while in transparent mode is putting very "fuzzy or buzzing" sounds through the ear speaker. When I talk in the right AirPods all that comes out is a buzzing sound. I think that I have apple care on them but I need to check. It has started happening almost all of the time the last couple days. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 9:04 AM

Hi there, Mike Royal!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with your AirPods having distorted sounds. Check out this article If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted. This article will give you the steps you can take for sound issues with your AirPods.

Let us know if you continue to have an issue and best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2020 9:04 AM in response to Mike Royal

Hi there, Mike Royal!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with your AirPods having distorted sounds. Check out this article If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted. This article will give you the steps you can take for sound issues with your AirPods.

Let us know if you continue to have an issue and best regards.

Oct 7, 2020 11:48 AM in response to Mike Royal

Good to see you are getting replacements, I just had to get yet another one replaced today for the same issue.

One temporary relief I found earlier today is to remove and reseat the tip but don't allow it to click in place (seat the tip a little crooked). While it didn't entierly eliminate the issue it has reduced it to a much more bearable level while I wait for the replacement.

airpod prop fuzzy microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.