Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 - Folders disappeared after App Library installed

I really dislike iOS 14. To each his own, but I just don’t like it, especially the app library. With that being said, when the app library was installed on my phone, for some reason all of my folders were removed and my apps were spread out over 16 screens.

I folders disappeared after app library installedAside from creating folders and re-organizing them, what are my options to get the screen back exactly the way I had it pre-iOS 14?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 9:18 AM

Not sure why your folders were removed after installation of iOS 14 and all the apps spread out. This did not happen to me. The question is whether you can get your screen back to the way it was. The answer is a YES however you will need to do that manually just like when you initially set your screens and folders up. I know that it is a pain.

The other way of getting things to be the way it once were is to restore your iPhone from a backup file that you may have created on iCloud or on your computer. If you choose this method then, of course, your iPhone contents will be as current as the date of that backup file.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 9:18 AM in response to defrasier

Not sure why your folders were removed after installation of iOS 14 and all the apps spread out. This did not happen to me. The question is whether you can get your screen back to the way it was. The answer is a YES however you will need to do that manually just like when you initially set your screens and folders up. I know that it is a pain.

The other way of getting things to be the way it once were is to restore your iPhone from a backup file that you may have created on iCloud or on your computer. If you choose this method then, of course, your iPhone contents will be as current as the date of that backup file.

Axel F.

iOS 14 - Folders disappeared after App Library installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.