Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Band won’t click in

I just upgraded from a series 2 to a series 6 Apple Watch. The brand new s/m band will not click in the watch face. The large clicks in as does the latch/prong side. I’ve tried other bands and they all click. I tried the troubleshooting advice offered by Apple. No luck. Is something wrong with the small medium band?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 11:35 AM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2020 10:12 AM in response to Applejacki

Hi Applejacki,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your new Apple Watch and band. It sounds like your S/M band isn't fitting the watch.

Have you seen this article? Change your Apple Watch band

"Make sure that you use a band that corresponds to your Apple Watch case size. You can use a band that's designed for Apple Watch (1st generation) and Apple Watch Series 1, 2, and 3 with Apple Watch Series 4 and later and Apple Watch SE as long as the sizes are compatible. Bands for 38mm and 40mm cases are compatible with each other, and bands for 42mm and 44mm cases are compatible with each other."

If the issue continues, the Watch would need to be inspected. In that case, please Contact Apple Support.

Have a fantastic day!

Oct 7, 2020 12:31 PM in response to Applejacki

Who are you yelling at? This is a user-to-user technical support site operated by Apple, no executives are here. And if you read the reply far enough it said to Contact Support and gave a link for it. You could have contacted support with that link and just swapped out the band.

Do you know of someone who has a 0% defect rate on new products?

Band won’t click in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.