Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question for Apple Support Communities Staff

Is there a way "Apple Support Communities Staff" can change the settings for my account.

I can only ever see the last 10 posts I have made. I have been using Apple Communities for a very, very long time.

I have resorted to bookmarking the webpage because the built in "Subscribed" function doesn't maintain a list properly. Neither does the "Authored" filter find my posts older than 1 Month.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:27 PM

email I received from support says:

“Hello John, 

We contacted the site engineering team and they stated the Apple Support Communities site will show only the latest 90 days of content in the My Subscriptions and Authored filtered views.

Content created earlier than that timeframe will remain on the Communities, and should be searchable by title.

That content will not appear in the My Subscriptions and Authored lists.”

This explains a lot. The odd thing is that if I try to search all forums by my own user name I get nothing. Oh well. I will just keep bookmarking all of the web pages for questions I contribute to or create.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 8:27 PM in response to johnnyjackhammer

email I received from support says:

“Hello John, 

We contacted the site engineering team and they stated the Apple Support Communities site will show only the latest 90 days of content in the My Subscriptions and Authored filtered views.

Content created earlier than that timeframe will remain on the Communities, and should be searchable by title.

That content will not appear in the My Subscriptions and Authored lists.”

This explains a lot. The odd thing is that if I try to search all forums by my own user name I get nothing. Oh well. I will just keep bookmarking all of the web pages for questions I contribute to or create.

Oct 1, 2020 4:43 PM in response to johnnyjackhammer

Someone would need to report your post to the hosts or you can simply email them using the address contained in the ToU:

https://discussions.apple.com/terms

Having said that, there was a major overhaul of the forum software last year and older threads have disappeared for the time being; we've been told that they would again appear at some point, so I'm not sure that contacting them would help you.

EDIT: I just tried it and had no problems getting a full page of threads with an arrow to get to the next page.

https://discussions.apple.com/profile/johnnyjackhammer/subscriptions

To get there, simply click on your name and then choose profile

Oct 2, 2020 1:13 PM in response to babowa

I am back at it this morning. Looking and again Content Authored Discussions shows 9 discussions and no page 2

I feel like I am missing something completely obvious but I can' see it. When I log out I see everything like you. When I am logged in I see 9 posts from the last month or so.... that's it. Changing the settings to authored makes no difference.

Oct 2, 2020 2:15 PM in response to johnnyjackhammer

Did you click on the link babowa provided?

There are a lot of ASC features [bugs]. You may have run into one. Have you tried a different web browser? Other posters recommend clearing caches & ASC cookies. I've never done this. I download another browser and try it: chrome, firefox, brave etc.

Over the years, I have observed the ASC works better in someother browser than Safari. Makes no sense, but multiple regulars have made this observation.

R

Question for Apple Support Communities Staff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.