Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old message on ipad

Every time I reboot my iPad I get a message ( message failed to send) I can’t delete it, because I can’t find it. Has anyone solved this problem as I find it annoying. Thank you.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 10:22 AM

Try a forced restart and see if that gets rid of it. I don’t know which model of iPad that you have so here are both methods.

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 10:22 AM in response to MiloGem

Try a forced restart and see if that gets rid of it. I don’t know which model of iPad that you have so here are both methods.

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

Oct 2, 2020 3:04 AM in response to MiloGem

I assume that you are looking in the iMessages app for that message. If not, then go through your texts. If you find it, try deleting it or resend it. If you can’t find it, try turning off WiFi, restart your iPad. Let it go for a few minutes and then turn WiFi on again and see if that does any good.

Old message on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.