Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hdmi port keeps failing

My MacMini will randomly NOT recognize my HDMI port. Computer wakes... but monitor has no signal so automatically shuts down. Is there a way to check the HDMI port on my Mini? Sometimes when I unplug the port and plug back it, it resets, sometimes it doesn't.

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 9:06 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 2, 2020 10:57 AM in response to BubbaPat

I have a 2018 mini and have two monitors connected. One is connected by a DVI to thunderbolt cable and the other was connected to HDMI. The HDMI connection kept dropping, requiring frequent unplugging/plugging to get it recognized. I gave up and bought an adapter and now connect the HDMI cable through it to a thunderbolt port.

Now my usb port won't run an external camera. I've connected 2 different cameras, and they both freeze. Jeez.

hdmi port keeps failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.