Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search button disappears once clicked

So I have the new iOS 14.1 on my iPhone and I went to search something on my phone but once I clicked it to type, the screen just went grey.

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 7:47 AM

Hello forgetyoujoe,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We see that when you try to enter text in the search field, the entire screen turns gray. Let's start with the basics and begin with restart the iPhone.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If this doesn't resolve the issue, then we will want to backup and reinstall iOS on your iPhone.

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

In the following support article, be sure to select "Update" in step 4. This should reinstall iOS on the iPhone without affecting the data, but we do have the backup, just in case.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 7:47 AM in response to forgetyoujoe

Hello forgetyoujoe,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We see that when you try to enter text in the search field, the entire screen turns gray. Let's start with the basics and begin with restart the iPhone.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If this doesn't resolve the issue, then we will want to backup and reinstall iOS on your iPhone.

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

In the following support article, be sure to select "Update" in step 4. This should reinstall iOS on the iPhone without affecting the data, but we do have the backup, just in case.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards.

Search button disappears once clicked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.