Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus

I keep getting a weird message thru my calendar regarding a possible infection on my iPhone what can I do

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 3:15 PM

5 replies

Oct 2, 2020 3:24 PM in response to Junebug7

The problem that you describe likely being very easy to resolve. You don’t have a Virus!

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected “virus” or other warnings. 

Given that infecting a non-jailbroken iPad/iPhone with actual malware is incredibly difficult, this technique is employed by malicious Actors to fool or encourage you into doing something untoward - more often than not, parting with personal or financial information leading to fraud or attempted extortion.

Let’s check for what’s out of place...

iOS/iPadOS13 and earlier: Settings > Passwords and Accounts

iOS/iPadOS14: Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found.

Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.