Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Potential Malware Virus in Calendar - iPhone X

I have been receiving messages in my iPhone X calendar warning me of a potential Malware Virus. The messages have been continuous since last night. The message only repeats itself in the calendar on the date of May 29th. The message is requesting that I click on it to fix the problem. Please advise.

Staton

iPhone XS

Posted on May 29, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 12:00 PM

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 12:00 PM in response to staton134

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

May 29, 2021 12:14 PM in response to staton134

It’s a subscribed calendar, not malware.

Some website offered you notifications, the offer of those notifications was accepted, and the advertising via calendar events resulted.

This is one of many common ways advertisers and scammers operate.

As stated above, unsubscribe to the calendar. Above sequence will work, however it’s probably easier to unsubscribe from the subscribed calendar within the Calendar app—this if you’re running iOS 14. Tap the Calendar button at the bottom of the Calendar app. The color of the subscribed calendar will match the color of the events, making the subscribed calendar of spam easier to identify. Tap the Info button, and scroll down and select the delete button.

Potential Malware Virus in Calendar - iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.