Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod not connecting

HomePod saying not connecting to internet

homepod not showing up on my iPhone

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 8:34 AM

4 replies

Oct 3, 2020 10:00 AM in response to martyn113

Is your iPhone on the same WiFi network as the HomePod?

Have you recently changed your WiFi network name?

The HomePod and the iPhone must be on the same WiFi network, so if the name has changed you will need to setup the HomePod again. You may wish to reset the HomePod and set it up again, it only takes a few minutes and may solve the problem.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208244

Oct 31, 2020 3:23 AM in response to Bagpipe

As above, is your Wi-Fi set up with WPA/WPA2 and with any client isolation feature turned off? Check the prerequisites in the Get started section of Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support. This includes enabling two factor authentication and iCloud Keychain. Try rebooting your router and your iOS device before another attempt at setting up HomePod.

tt2

Oct 30, 2020 7:18 PM in response to Anthony C. Kay

I've followed all these instructions. The HomePod won't show up on my iPhone. I removed it from the Home app but it didn't reset. I restarted it 5 times and pressed on the top to reset, and it still won't reset. It just says "I'm having wifi issues. Look in the Home app for more information."

There IS NO INFORMATION in the Home app. The HomePod won't reset. It's a total piece of garbage.

HomePod not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.