Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Migration Assistant Unable to Connect to PC

Need an answer to this previously identified issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8258580

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 12:45 PM

I know it's a pain, but you'll waste less time setting up the Mac yourself and copying over your data from that PC with external HD or over network sharing then finding solution to this.

Plus, by doing that yourself you'll ensure nothing useless or corrupted will be affecting performance and/or using valuable storage space of your new Mac.

I've seen so many people having a hard time over TM and MA that I always tell them is easier to take the job themselves by the end.

I know those tools are here just for that job, but in time maybe the changes made to the OS's with updates can make the tools not work properly and you'll just have a headache and not be able to accomplish the task.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 12:45 PM in response to daveb700

I know it's a pain, but you'll waste less time setting up the Mac yourself and copying over your data from that PC with external HD or over network sharing then finding solution to this.

Plus, by doing that yourself you'll ensure nothing useless or corrupted will be affecting performance and/or using valuable storage space of your new Mac.

I've seen so many people having a hard time over TM and MA that I always tell them is easier to take the job themselves by the end.

I know those tools are here just for that job, but in time maybe the changes made to the OS's with updates can make the tools not work properly and you'll just have a headache and not be able to accomplish the task.

Mac Migration Assistant Unable to Connect to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.