Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Remove old password from App Store? I made a new Apple account and the old Apple account/ password has to be used to update apps.

How do I Remove old password from App Store? I made a new Apple account and the old Apple account/ password has to be used to update apps.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 6:50 PM

Those apps will ALWAYS require the Apple ID they were downloaded under. Apps are FOREVER tied to the Apple ID. If you don't want to have to use that ID, you'll need to delete the apps you downloaded under that ID and repurchase them under the new ID. That's why it's generally a bad idea to use a different Apple ID. If you have an issue, you can change the ID Password, and keep the ID forever.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 6:50 PM in response to moralesa247

Those apps will ALWAYS require the Apple ID they were downloaded under. Apps are FOREVER tied to the Apple ID. If you don't want to have to use that ID, you'll need to delete the apps you downloaded under that ID and repurchase them under the new ID. That's why it's generally a bad idea to use a different Apple ID. If you have an issue, you can change the ID Password, and keep the ID forever.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.