Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t use my Account Balance to purchase music?

I am attempting to purchase a song using the $25 I have on my iTunes account that I got from a gift card, however I have an old Visa gift card registered as a payment method on my account that I can’t take off due to a subscription free trial my family is actively using. The problem I am encountering is that iTunes refuses to use my account balance to buy the song and keeps insisting on trying to use my empty visa gift card that I cannot delete due to the subscription. I looked up this problem and it has happened in the past, however all the old solutions people provided aren’t working now. What do I do??? And I checked to see if account balance can be used where I live and it can be, so I don’t know what’s wrong.

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 10:29 PM

ItzKai607 Said:

"Can’t use my Account Balance to purchase music?:I am attempting to purchase a song using the $25 I have on my iTunes account that I got from a gift card, however I have an old Visa gift card registered as a payment method on my account that I can’t take off due to a subscription free trial my family is actively using. [...] I don’t know what’s wrong."

-------

A. For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Support:

These are user-to-user forums. We are not Apple.  Apple barely reads these site on their own time, as it is. So, contact Apple Support. They will see this firsthand from their side, and will run you through the fix. Here is the information for contacting Apple Support:

Apple Phone Support:

B. Managing Method(s) of Payment:

You need at least one method of payment attached to your Apple Account (If no other cards, then use PayPal, if an option in your area). You would assign the new card, and then delete this one. You would sign out of Apple Account on all of these devices associated to this Apple Account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 10:29 PM in response to ItzKai607

ItzKai607 Said:

"Can’t use my Account Balance to purchase music?:I am attempting to purchase a song using the $25 I have on my iTunes account that I got from a gift card, however I have an old Visa gift card registered as a payment method on my account that I can’t take off due to a subscription free trial my family is actively using. [...] I don’t know what’s wrong."

-------

A. For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Support:

These are user-to-user forums. We are not Apple.  Apple barely reads these site on their own time, as it is. So, contact Apple Support. They will see this firsthand from their side, and will run you through the fix. Here is the information for contacting Apple Support:

Apple Phone Support:

B. Managing Method(s) of Payment:

You need at least one method of payment attached to your Apple Account (If no other cards, then use PayPal, if an option in your area). You would assign the new card, and then delete this one. You would sign out of Apple Account on all of these devices associated to this Apple Account.

Can’t use my Account Balance to purchase music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.