Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay to iTunes

Is it possible for me to Airplay (sound) from my Apple TV to the iTunes App on my Windows PC?

I have noticed that I can play music from iTunes to Apple TV through Airplay, but I would like to do vice-versa. I want to watch my movies on Apple TV and have the sound play through iTunes (since my PC is the one directly connected to my wired speakers).

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 8:07 AM

It doesn’t work that way for two reasons:

You must use AirPlay to an AirPlay-receiving-device. Computers are not AirPlay-receiving-devices.

To AirPlay video+audio, both streams will be send to that same AirPlay receiving device. It can’t be split.

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

You may be able to set a different audio output (compatible bluetooth or Wi-Fi speakers) for videos that are played from the Apple TV (i.e. not AirPlayed videos).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2020 8:07 AM in response to MrBurnman

It doesn’t work that way for two reasons:

You must use AirPlay to an AirPlay-receiving-device. Computers are not AirPlay-receiving-devices.

To AirPlay video+audio, both streams will be send to that same AirPlay receiving device. It can’t be split.

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

You may be able to set a different audio output (compatible bluetooth or Wi-Fi speakers) for videos that are played from the Apple TV (i.e. not AirPlayed videos).

Airplay to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.