Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to reinstall OS X utilities get to putting my Apple ID in which I do but comes back with temporary unavailable

Trying t to reinstall 0s x utilities get to putting in Apple ID in which I do but comes back with temporarily unavailable can you please help don’t know what to do to get it started again

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 11:31 AM

Reinstall El Capitan or Later Without Erasing Drive

Please be sure you back up, if possible.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the Command and R keys until the Apple logo and progress bar appear. Wait until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  3. Select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid button in Disk Utility's toolbar. Wait until the Done button activates, then click on it.
  5. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  6. Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2020 11:31 AM in response to Kristel32farrow

Reinstall El Capitan or Later Without Erasing Drive

Please be sure you back up, if possible.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the Command and R keys until the Apple logo and progress bar appear. Wait until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  3. Select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid button in Disk Utility's toolbar. Wait until the Done button activates, then click on it.
  5. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  6. Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.

Trying to reinstall OS X utilities get to putting my Apple ID in which I do but comes back with temporary unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.