Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send images from iPhone 8?

I have an iPhone 8 running on iOS 13.7, and recently I have not been able to send or receive images and videos to and from non-iPhone users. It has worked perfectly for me in the past, and I have had this phone for 2 years, yet a few days ago I was unable to send media to non-iPhones. I have an active unlimited cellular data plan from AT&T and can make calls and use data, but sending images to non-iPhones is not working. MMS is enabled in my settings, and none of the images are exceptionably large. I am able to send the same media to other iPhones. Does anyone know why this could be happening? Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 4:05 PM

Hello Turner345,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

Based on what you mentioned, your are not able to send or receive media to contacts that do not have an iOS device. After reviewing more About iMessage and SMS/MMS, it appears that you may need to connect with the carrier for this. The reason you can send media to other iPhone users may be due to iMessages (Blue messages). This works a bit differently than standard MMS/SMS (green messages).

Take a look at this document: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. This information will assist with some guidance on what to do.

Best wishes!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2020 4:05 PM in response to Turner345

Hello Turner345,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

Based on what you mentioned, your are not able to send or receive media to contacts that do not have an iOS device. After reviewing more About iMessage and SMS/MMS, it appears that you may need to connect with the carrier for this. The reason you can send media to other iPhone users may be due to iMessages (Blue messages). This works a bit differently than standard MMS/SMS (green messages).

Take a look at this document: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. This information will assist with some guidance on what to do.

Best wishes!

Can't send images from iPhone 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.