Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appstore stop working and I can not login

Hi, the appstore stop working on my mac, I get app update notification but I can not login.

I can submit the login form of appstore, but it never really login my account.

I have no this kind of problem while using other iService(iCloud, iMessage, facetime, etc)

Did anyone know how to reinstall appStore?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 1:44 PM

You would have to reinstall the OS to reinstall the AppStore.

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account   

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2020 1:44 PM in response to xli_leo

You would have to reinstall the OS to reinstall the AppStore.

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account   

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Appstore stop working and I can not login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.