Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chromecast not working after ios14 update

I use google chromecast for casting tv apps on my tv, smart tv and no smart tv (lol). Since ios14 it will not remember the chromecast device on either tv. Two different models and capabilities. I constantly have to reboot the chromecast device when I want to cast an app to either tv. Anybody else have this issue??

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 1:13 PM

This was happening to me. I found this on another search for help, and it works. When I went to Local Network the apps that weren’t casting were turned off. Once turned on. It works! Hope this helps.

1. On your iOS device’s home screen, tap Settings. 
  2. Tap Privacy  Local Network. You’ll find a list of apps.
  3. Turn on Local Network Access for the app(s) you would like to cast from. This will allow permissions for Cast to discover local devices when casting.

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 1:13 PM in response to lv2trvlbchbum

This was happening to me. I found this on another search for help, and it works. When I went to Local Network the apps that weren’t casting were turned off. Once turned on. It works! Hope this helps.

3. Turn on Local Network Access for the app(s) you would like to cast from. This will allow permissions for Cast to discover local devices when casting.

Nov 30, 2020 1:12 PM in response to KFrankhart

Feb 19, 2021 3:18 PM in response to MikeTOZ

Same here problem still exist, done multiple reset with my Chromecast but apparently the next day I need to reset again🤔

Though my android devices even my desktop and my laptop are casting well.

I'm guessing its really the update, IOS 14.4 affects the problem.

Hoping that it will be OK the soonest. Keep me updated if it clears on your end then i'll do the same.

Thanks.

Feb 19, 2021 7:24 PM in response to mau145

I have iPhone 11 and 14.4 update. If you have a more updated phone that could be the difference. Mine TVs all work, but my continued problems seem to be my Samsung TVs are the ones that keep dropping Chromecast and almost force me to do Air Play/Mirror screening. I have to unplug my TVs and internet then reconnect....a lot. My Android TVs are fine. I’m wondering if Samsung/Smart TVs are trying to force people to start using their air play/screen mirroring over Chromecast. Maybe it’s the TVs! Maybe we need to turn OFF Air Play on TVs to stop over riding the Chromcast.

For Samsung TVs:

Change AirPlay 2 settings on your TV

If you need to adjust some of your AirPlay 2 settings, you can do it directly on your TV. Just navigate to Settings, select General, and then select Apple AirPlay Settings.

You will find the following options:

• AirPlay: Selecting this option will turn the AirPlay feature on and off.
  • Require Code: You have the option to require a passcode the first time you connect your iPhone, every time you connect your Apple device, or to create your own passcode. From this menu you can also select Reset Paired Devices which will clear all Apple devices from the TV's memory.
  • Subtitles and Captioning: In this menu, you can turn captions and subtitles on or off. You also have several options to adjust the look of the captions such as font, size, and color.
  • About AirPlay: Here you can find the AirPlay version that is currently running, and see legal information about the software.

Jan 3, 2021 8:43 AM in response to ishta209

Make sure your internet on your phone is the same as your house internet. We have two, a 2G and a 5G, so I have to always make sure both TV and Phone are on the same one. Also, we lost our Chromecast option briefly yesterday, (even though it said I was still connected to internet) once I disconnected from my internet on the TV end and then re-logged in, It reconnected. Hope these help. You seem so close!

Jan 2, 2021 1:41 PM in response to JessH2

I have turned on Local Network for all apps including Google Home through privacy and each individual app. I have tried turning on/off restarting my iPhone 11, yet it still doesn’t let me add my chrome cast so show any.

The image below went through, connected to my wifi but then prompted this. It found the chrome cast but I get blocked here.

Chromecast not working after ios14 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.