You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I locate the "Month and Year" sheet in numbers Calendar Template?

Hello,

I am looking to incorporate the monthly tables from the Calendar template into a larger work sheet i am working on, so I can edit them as I need alongside other data they need to sit along.

However, when copying the tables, I noticed that not all the formula will copy along. Specifically the WEEKDAY formula, which the whole month day schedule is linked to won't copy, as it appears it's linked to a "Month and Year" sheet, which I don't seem to locate. As a results, when copying the months in a different file, I can change the months, but the weekly days won't change accordingly.

Would you be able to tell me how I can locate the "Monthly and Year" sheet and if it's possible to copy it into another file, so to ensure the monthly tables work?

I include a photo illustration to support my question.

Thanks for the help!

Cinzia

MacBook

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 4:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 6:25 AM

I've had a second look at this after I realized you were using the 'Academic Calendar' template and not the 'Calendar' template. There's a simple fix that allows you to copy the tables wherever you want.

'Month and Year::A3' is always 1. This stands for 'Sunday is 1' in the WEEKDAY formula.

So all you need to do is unhide row 9 in each table (the way you have done for June in your screenshot).

Then double-click cell B9 to call up the Formula Editor, click once on the 'Month and Year::A3' oval address token to select it, type 1, and hit return.

The formula should now look like this:

Repeat this for each table month. Then hide Row 9 in each table.

Now you can click the sheet name at the top (Year), choose Copy Sheet from the dropdown, click any sheet name in your destination document, and choose Paste Sheet from the dropdown. From there you can copy-paste the tables elsewhere in your document if you wish.

The whole process took about 5 minutes.

SG

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2020 6:25 AM in response to CinziaNes

I've had a second look at this after I realized you were using the 'Academic Calendar' template and not the 'Calendar' template. There's a simple fix that allows you to copy the tables wherever you want.

'Month and Year::A3' is always 1. This stands for 'Sunday is 1' in the WEEKDAY formula.

So all you need to do is unhide row 9 in each table (the way you have done for June in your screenshot).

Then double-click cell B9 to call up the Formula Editor, click once on the 'Month and Year::A3' oval address token to select it, type 1, and hit return.

The formula should now look like this:

Repeat this for each table month. Then hide Row 9 in each table.

Now you can click the sheet name at the top (Year), choose Copy Sheet from the dropdown, click any sheet name in your destination document, and choose Paste Sheet from the dropdown. From there you can copy-paste the tables elsewhere in your document if you wish.

The whole process took about 5 minutes.

SG

Oct 4, 2020 7:06 PM in response to CinziaNes

Not a sheet, a table. On the Monthly sheet, the month and year you see in the top left corner are in a table named Month and Year. It has 13 rows and 8 columns of which only two rows and one column are showing, the rest are hidden. That particular cell you are looking for, A3, has the number 1. In the WEEKDAY formula, the 1 means Sunday is the first day of the week.

Oct 5, 2020 8:25 PM in response to CinziaNes

Further to what Badunit said:

The full address of cell A1 on a table in a Numbers document is Sheetname::Tablename::A1

f the formula referencing that cell is on the same Table as the referenced cell, only the cell coordinates ( A1 ) are needed.

If the formula is in a cell on a different table, the referenced cell's tablename will be required, and the sheetname may be required.

If the table containing the referenced cell has a name that is the same as the name of one or more other tables in the document, the Sheetname of the referenced table will also be needed; if that table's name is distinct from the names of all other tables in the document, it's Sheetname is not required.

You can always enter a cell reference using all three parts if the cell's full address. Numbers will automatically drop the unneeded parts.

For shorter formulas, give each table in your document a distinct name (and keep those names short).

Regards,

Barry

How can I locate the "Month and Year" sheet in numbers Calendar Template?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.