Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nothing happens when I click on quicktime

Quicktime does not open. I just get a white box with nothing on my MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 8:40 PM

Launching the QuickTime Player application will start with the default action: an Open dialog box, for selecting a media file to play. Depending on settings, and last use, that may point to the iCloud Drive space, which will not have any compatible files there unless you placed any there.

• Click Cancel to close the Open dialog box. Then explore the menu bar options for what you intend to do.

or

• Select a different side bar location in the Open dialog box, or use the Search box, to find media files on your Mac.

or

• Don’t use the Open dialog box, and open QuickTime Player by double-clicking a media file (.mov, .mp4, etc.) in the Finder.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2020 8:40 PM in response to annefromlahaina

Launching the QuickTime Player application will start with the default action: an Open dialog box, for selecting a media file to play. Depending on settings, and last use, that may point to the iCloud Drive space, which will not have any compatible files there unless you placed any there.

• Click Cancel to close the Open dialog box. Then explore the menu bar options for what you intend to do.

or

• Select a different side bar location in the Open dialog box, or use the Search box, to find media files on your Mac.

or

• Don’t use the Open dialog box, and open QuickTime Player by double-clicking a media file (.mov, .mp4, etc.) in the Finder.

nothing happens when I click on quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.