Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV two factor authentication

Attempting to watch a show on Apple TV+ on my Apple TV (2015 model). I am a subscriber to TV+.

when I attempt to play the show, the Apple TV screen goes black, and a message is displayed on my phone that says, “user trying to log in form “location” allow or do not allow” I select allow, and a “two factor authentication” 6 digit number is displayed on my phone. There is no way to input a 6 digit number to the Apple TV, as the screen remains blank.

I have restarted the Apple TV, and signed out and back in to my device.

anyone know of a solution?

Is it just my old Apple TV device that cannot sync with the newly required two step authentication factor?

Any response appreciated.

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 7:39 PM

I have managed to resolve the issue by simultaneously attempting to watch the show on Apple TV+ on my Apple TV, Prompting receipt of the two factor authentication 6 digit code to my IPhone, then pressing the menu button on my Apple TV remote until I return to the home screen, going from there to settings and signing out of the Apple TV and back in Again, whereby the Apple TV prompted me for the 6 digit two factor authentication code. Now I can watch the paid for programming through Apple TV+ on my Apple TV.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2020 7:39 PM in response to first178

I have managed to resolve the issue by simultaneously attempting to watch the show on Apple TV+ on my Apple TV, Prompting receipt of the two factor authentication 6 digit code to my IPhone, then pressing the menu button on my Apple TV remote until I return to the home screen, going from there to settings and signing out of the Apple TV and back in Again, whereby the Apple TV prompted me for the 6 digit two factor authentication code. Now I can watch the paid for programming through Apple TV+ on my Apple TV.

Apple TV two factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.