Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 5 won’t to factory reset it to b able to get in it says can’t connect it to iTunes previous owner must of connected it help

Ok so I work at goodwill and someone donated an iPod 5th generation it had a password so boss said chunk it well I kept it of course thinking I NBC puke figure it out . Yea no I can’t do much with phones and I’ve googled a lot but I can’t factory reset it because when I put it n recovery mode I get a message that says can’t connect device to computer because device was connected to a different computer by previous owner so how can I or is there another wya to factory reset it and then is there a way to b able to use it in general please help I really want to figure this thing out !?

iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 10:34 AM

See Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. Unless you can get back in touch with the donor and ask them to remove the activation lock the device is useless to anyone. You could hand it into an Apple Store for recycling.

tt2

1 reply

iPod 5 won’t to factory reset it to b able to get in it says can’t connect it to iTunes previous owner must of connected it help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.