Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Self Reset?

I was listening to music off of my iPod 5th gen and my earbuds started to get a little glitchy with the music, and then the music started cutting out. I figured it was just a random glitch in the system, so i turned off my iPod and turned it back on. When it turned on, it went back to the factory setup, showing the lockscreen wallpaper as the white background with the "Hello" It factory reset itself when i restarted it, asking me to go through the setup again. But the weird thing is that it still kept my password for the lockscreen on the iPod, so is it like a mixed factory reset or what?

I also bought this iPod from a freind who I am no longer friends with anymore, and i have no way to log back into it because he never gave me or erased his iCloud information off of the iPod

Can anyone help?

iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 8:17 PM

«Can anyone help?» Unfortunately, no, no one can help. Your iPod is locked with Activation lock an antitheft device. Nou can't get around it. It can only be removed from iCloud with the original ID and password. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

2 replies

Jul 16, 2020 8:13 PM in response to JoshJohnson17

Hello,

The iPod touch is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. Since it sounds like you are unable to contact the previous owner and since you are not the original owner of this iPod touch then there is nothing you, or Apple, can do to unlock this iPod touch. Your only option is to recycle the iPod touch.

Activation Lock

Apple Trade In - Apple

Self Reset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.