Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete synch photos eith itunes?

How to delete synch photos with Itunes?

Hello. I'm new to IOS, I have Iphone SE2 IOS 14.0.1. I have synchronise my photos wit Itunes. Now I can't delete Synch photos from my Iphone. The trash is grey and I can't click on it. Also I can't find on Itunes how to see my photos and delete them. I have searched on google but can't find anything. Found one solution from 2013 but from that time a lot of things change. If anyone know solution please tell me, it's really frustrating

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 1:27 AM

Un-Sync photos to your device

1. Connect your device to your Mac.
  2. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or using a Wi-Fi connection. To turn on Wi-Fi syncing, see Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi.
  3. In the Finder  on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
  4. Select Photos in the button bar.
  5. Note: When iCloud Photos is turned on, no photo syncing options appear when you select Photos in the button bar.
  6. Select “Sync Photos to your device from” tickbox, then choose Photos, Pictures or a folder from the pop-up menu.
  7. Uncheck Sync photos
  8. Click on Apply / Sync

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 1:27 AM in response to Baki1994

Un-Sync photos to your device

1. Connect your device to your Mac.
  2. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or using a Wi-Fi connection. To turn on Wi-Fi syncing, see Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi.
  3. In the Finder  on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
  4. Select Photos in the button bar.
  5. Note: When iCloud Photos is turned on, no photo syncing options appear when you select Photos in the button bar.
  6. Select “Sync Photos to your device from” tickbox, then choose Photos, Pictures or a folder from the pop-up menu.
  7. Uncheck Sync photos
  8. Click on Apply / Sync

Oct 5, 2020 7:27 AM in response to Baki1994

The instructions are basically the same to remove photos using iTunes on a Mac or a Windows PC.

Connect the phone to your PC and launch iTunes, if it doesn’t launch on its own.

Click on the devices icon in the upper left corner and select your phone.

Click on the Photos tab at the top of the window on the right.

Then click on the Sync Photos option in order to remove the checkmark. You want to disable photo syncing by doing this.

Finally, click on Sync or Apply in the lower right corner of the iTunes window in order to unsync the photos.

Oct 6, 2020 12:15 PM in response to Demo

It removes all synch photos. I just want to be able to delete photos from iphone which are synch with Itunes. I don't want to remove all photos from phone. Is that possible, to delete from phone, photos which I want?

EDIT: found they to keep photos, but still cant delete some from iphone. I don't understand why isn't possible to delete photos which are transfer and synch with itunes?

Oct 6, 2020 12:38 PM in response to Baki1994

Yes you can delete the photos that you synced with iTunes and only the photos that you synced with iTunes. What I told you to do does not remove photos that you took with your device or photos that you saved from texts, emails, websites, etc. It only removes the photos that you synced from iTunes.

Oct 6, 2020 3:51 PM in response to Demo

itunes prompt to delete all synch photos, or to keep them. What I ask is there any solution to have standard "trash" icon on picture that I want to delete? When I uncheck synch photos and stop synch them with Itunes, on my device I don't have an option to delete picture that was imported. I'm just wondering why ios prevent user to delete photos which are imported via Itunes. For me there is no sense. Or there is a bug in IOS 14.0.1. I have try what you said and still I can't delete any imported picture. Only pictures that I have taken with camera.

Just to be clear, so there is no missunderstanding. I want to delete a single photos which are imported via Itunes from an Android phone. I'm apologizing for any misunderstanding.

Oct 6, 2020 7:35 PM in response to Baki1994

I’m so sorry. I may have misunderstood what you are trying to do. I was under the impression that you wanted to delete ALL synced photos from your phone, not specific photos.

What you will have to do is remove the specific photos from the folder that you are syncing your photos from and move them to some place else. Move them to another folder on your desktop. Once those photos have been removed from the folder that you are syncing the photos from, they will be removed with a subsequent sync.

I hope that makes sense to you now. There is no way to remove individual photos from the sync process other than to remove them from the folder that you are syncing photos from.

There is no bug in iOS 14.0.1 with regard to deletion of supynced photos. The iOS photos app does not allow for deletion of any synced photos on the device itself. You have to use iTunes to remove them. That is the way it has been in iOS forever.

How to delete synch photos eith itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.