Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with iOS 14 and Apple SD card reader

Since loading iOS 14, my “lightning to SD card camera reader” dongle isn’t being recognized on my iPad. No “import “ option appears. I am a photographer and I use my 2 iPads for editing and selecting photos. It does work on a friends iPad that didn’t get the 14 download. So the dongle isn’t the problem. It worked on my iPads the day before I installed 14. anyone know what the problem. Is and how to fix it?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:31 AM

Check to see if the Apple SD Card Reader is actually recognised by the system:

Settings > General > About - scroll to the bottom of the page where you will hopefully see the SD Card Reader listed.

For example...

If your SD Card reader is not listed, try a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often resolve an isolated issue that occurs after updating the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 7:31 AM in response to Msdoo

Check to see if the Apple SD Card Reader is actually recognised by the system:

Settings > General > About - scroll to the bottom of the page where you will hopefully see the SD Card Reader listed.

For example...

If your SD Card reader is not listed, try a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often resolve an isolated issue that occurs after updating the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Oct 5, 2020 2:26 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you for your help. My card reader was listed .

Apparently, there is a new procedure to import. Go to < photos at the top left after you open PHOTOS

A long list of options comes up. Choose devices. ( it only appears when the card reader is in place )The photos on the card are then displayed Select the ones that you want to load and choose import.

Much more completed than before but ....thanks, now I see how to import. It used to just appear at the bottom of the page “Import” photos.

Problem with iOS 14 and Apple SD card reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.