Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPhone with Finder hangs in Catalina

My iPhone 8 stopped synchronizing through wifi. I tried to restore the setting with an USB-connection, as mandatory, but the procedure stops at about 90% and hangs indefinitely. I use the synchronization solely for audio (music, podcasts and audiobooks). Any addition or update to the playlist on my Mac should appear on my iPhone. I suspect the problem is with my Mac, not with my iPhone.

iCloud synchronization of mail, messages, pictures, e-books, iApps works flawlessly.

The system log says this:

Oct 5 15:43:24 MacBook-Pro-2 Music[873]: objc[873]: Class PDFToRasterImageRef is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AMPLibrary.framework/Versions/A/AMPLibrary and /System/Applications/Music.app/Contents/MacOS/Music. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Oct 5 15:43:25 MacBook-Pro-2 Music[873]: objc[873]: Class asn1ReceiptToken is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommerceCore.framework/Versions/A/CommerceCore (0x7fff8aa806b8) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreFP.framework/Versions/A/CoreFP (0x10eea62a8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

I suspect this is the culprit. I tried replacing the Music app with Time Machine but Finder doesn't allow this. Messing around in System/Library is beyond my knowledge. So, what could help? Restarting Mac and iPhone didn't change anything. Both have the most recent system version.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 12:03 PM

Well, this turns out to be a thread talking to myself. The problem was my iPhone. Resetting the iPhone (not erasing it, just resetting) solved all problems. Updating to iOS 14 caused the syncing problems. I hope this will work for everyone withe same problem

Similar questions

2 replies

Syncing iPhone with Finder hangs in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.