Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Storage is full.

I need to manage my icloud storage to avoid having to upgrade my plan. Any suggestions on how to move photos and videos from cloud to a different storage device?

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:37 AM

Export photos from system photo library to a desired location say download folder in finder and connect an external hard drive to the Mac , then transfer the photos from download folders into the external hard drive , hence all your photo data is saved .

You can select few photos see this article Select and deselect photos in Photos on Mac - Apple Support and delete to recently deleted folder see this article Delete photos or recover deleted ones in Photos on Mac - Apple Support ( its your choice to delete them permanently immediately or after 30 days the photos will be removed from the iCloud server ) .

In this way the complete photo data is still on external hard drive , but the space is reduced in photo library .

See this article to export photos Export photos, videos, and slideshows from Photos on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 8:37 AM in response to jayfromgolden

Export photos from system photo library to a desired location say download folder in finder and connect an external hard drive to the Mac , then transfer the photos from download folders into the external hard drive , hence all your photo data is saved .

You can select few photos see this article Select and deselect photos in Photos on Mac - Apple Support and delete to recently deleted folder see this article Delete photos or recover deleted ones in Photos on Mac - Apple Support ( its your choice to delete them permanently immediately or after 30 days the photos will be removed from the iCloud server ) .

In this way the complete photo data is still on external hard drive , but the space is reduced in photo library .

See this article to export photos Export photos, videos, and slideshows from Photos on Mac - Apple Support

iCloud Storage is full.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.