Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t i turn off my two factor authentication? For some reason it just started doing this. And I do not want it.

I have tried everything to turn off the two factor authentication and nothing is working

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 11:52 AM

See this:

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you are already using two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you have recently updated your account, you can unenrol within two weeks of enrolment. Just open your enrolment

confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Bear in mind that this makes your account less secure and means you can't use features that require higher security.

Extracted from:--> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID – Apple Support

That said, if you'd like, submit your comments/suggestions to Apple directly, using this link:--> Apple – Product Feedback - iPhone

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 11:52 AM in response to Suetun

See this:

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you are already using two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you have recently updated your account, you can unenrol within two weeks of enrolment. Just open your enrolment

confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Bear in mind that this makes your account less secure and means you can't use features that require higher security.

Extracted from:--> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID – Apple Support

That said, if you'd like, submit your comments/suggestions to Apple directly, using this link:--> Apple – Product Feedback - iPhone

Regards

Giulio

Why can’t i turn off my two factor authentication? For some reason it just started doing this. And I do not want it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.