Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White circle with lines in place of App

can't delete white apps with circle and lines?

I deleted some apps from my phone and then restarted it. When i did the apps came back to my home screen but the icon was white with a circle and lines.

when i try opening them the app will go black then abruptly close. i tried deleting them then going to the app store to re-install but instead of the cloud icon it just says open like the app is still downloaded.

i also tried going to settings>general>iphone storage to delete them but they don't show up there. anytime i delete them then restart my phone the apps with the same icon just keep coming back i just can't seem to get rid of them. PLEASE

I have this same problem and a hard reset does not fix the issue.

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 4:01 PM

Hi Lqjack,

It seems you're having trouble removing some apps and we want to help.

Let's try going to Settings to remove these apps. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. On the Storage page, scroll down to find the apps that are giving you trouble, then tap on them and tap Delete App.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 4:01 PM in response to Lqjack

Hi Lqjack,

It seems you're having trouble removing some apps and we want to help.

Let's try going to Settings to remove these apps. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. On the Storage page, scroll down to find the apps that are giving you trouble, then tap on them and tap Delete App.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

White circle with lines in place of App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.