Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hotspot password changed automatically without my knowledge

When I share my iPhone hotspot to others, after a short period of time, my iPhone hotspot password is changed automatically and a password is assigned without my knowledge and phones using my iPhone hotspot is disconnected. When I change it back to the password I chosen, the hotspot is resumed normal for a while but the same problem happen again later.

Is there anyone experienced the same problem ? Thank you !

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 2:49 PM

Hi Pclau2020,

It sounds like your Wi-Fi password is no longer accepted after sharing it with others, is that right? We'd love to look into this with you.

Are you using these exact steps to share your Wi-Fi password with friends and family? How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Which iOS version is your device running? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you're entering the correct password, but the network won't accept it, let's see if the steps under the "What if I know my password, but the network won’t accept it?" part of the following page helps: If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

Thanks!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 2:49 PM in response to Pclau2020

Hi Pclau2020,

It sounds like your Wi-Fi password is no longer accepted after sharing it with others, is that right? We'd love to look into this with you.

Are you using these exact steps to share your Wi-Fi password with friends and family? How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Which iOS version is your device running? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you're entering the correct password, but the network won't accept it, let's see if the steps under the "What if I know my password, but the network won’t accept it?" part of the following page helps: If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

Thanks!

iPhone hotspot password changed automatically without my knowledge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.