Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update Exchange password after iOS 14 update

Literally figured it out 10 min after posting ... and after a week of struggling. 🙄

After updating to iOS 14, there’s no longer a place for me to enter/update my Exchange password. Even when promoted to do so, when I click to update, it doesn’t take me anywhere. Because it’s not updating, my calendar isn’t syncing. I’ve looked in Settings, Calendar, Outlook — no luck. Help!

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 1:15 PM

Please share what worked for you. I am still struggling with this issue. Removing the account and re-adding it has not worked for me and it is driving me nuts.

7 replies

Nov 25, 2020 3:04 PM in response to WitzJr88

I have the same problem. My PC prompted me to update my Exchange password. This I did and as expected my iPhone 7 running iOS 14.2 prompted me y to re-enter the password. However, when I click on “Re-enter Password”, it visits Microsoft, but does not allow me to enter anything and then claims the account is not authenticated. Very strange. Looks like a defect to me. Can anyone help?

Nov 25, 2020 3:17 PM in response to hpk1

So, I removed the Exchange account from my iPhone and added it again. This worked. I can only conclude the Exchange password update facility in iOS 14 is defective. It’s quite a palaver to delete and then add an account when all one wants to do is update a password. It worked prior to iOS 14. So when will it be fixed?

Nov 25, 2020 4:55 PM in response to hpk1

hpk1 wrote:

So, I removed the Exchange account from my iPhone and added it again. This worked. I can only conclude the Exchange password update facility in iOS 14 is defective. It’s quite a palaver to delete and then add an account when all one wants to do is update a password. It worked prior to iOS 14. So when will it be fixed?

When Microsoft fixes it. There have been reports of this problem on many different platforms.

Nov 25, 2020 5:23 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I've deleted and reinstalled my account a few times, because it would keep re-breaking. I've discovered if I leave it alone that it will work sporadically. I can check mail and get the error, then his later the messages I got on my desktop are all up to date on the mail app.

I've wondered if it's tied in with the setting my employer has impressed that forces me to confirm my identity to use my g suite account (which is forced to be the same user name and password). It happens at least twice a day at work, but never on my private account. And desktop Outlook or owa only get forced off every couple of months.

Cannot update Exchange password after iOS 14 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.