Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing folder with question mark

My macbook air 2017 13'inch showing flashing folder even after formating and installation

I checked my disk utility with the first aid, its fine could nt find the problem can anybody please help me?

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:32 PM

If your Mac starts up to a question mark

A folder with a flashing question mark means that your startup disk is no longer available or doesn't contain a working Mac operating system.

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
  2. Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘) and R to start up from macOS Recovery.
  3. While in macOS Recovery, use Disk Utility to repair your startup disk.
  4. If Disk Utility found no errors or repaired all errors, take either of these actions:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 8:32 PM in response to souravAcharya

If your Mac starts up to a question mark

A folder with a flashing question mark means that your startup disk is no longer available or doesn't contain a working Mac operating system.

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
  2. Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘) and R to start up from macOS Recovery.
  3. While in macOS Recovery, use Disk Utility to repair your startup disk.
  4. If Disk Utility found no errors or repaired all errors, take either of these actions:

Flashing folder with question mark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.