Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I close an app in watchOS 7

I cannot figure out how to force close a running app in watchOS 7

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 6:16 AM

When the app is in the background, push in the side button find the app you want to close and swipe left.

This clears it from the list.

Not really needed but if you do force kill an app:

With the app on the watch screen press in and hold the side button until the power options come up.

Release the side button and then hold in the digital crown until the app you want to kill is cleared off your screen.

First it will clear the power options then a few seconds later it will kill the app you want.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 6:16 AM in response to melted3

When the app is in the background, push in the side button find the app you want to close and swipe left.

This clears it from the list.

Not really needed but if you do force kill an app:

With the app on the watch screen press in and hold the side button until the power options come up.

Release the side button and then hold in the digital crown until the app you want to kill is cleared off your screen.

First it will clear the power options then a few seconds later it will kill the app you want.

How do I close an app in watchOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.