Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to download 10.15.7 full installer?

I need the full installer download for macOS 10.15.7 so that I can make a bootable USB installer from it.

I am running macOS 10.13.6 on a 2017 iMac and do not want to actually install 10.15.7 at this moment.

When I download 10.15.7 installer from Mac App Store, all I get is the 19 MB mini installer instead of the 8 GB full installer that I need.

I do not want to get the full installer via some third party app.

Please assist.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 1:58 PM

Launch the Mac App Store on Catalina, and then download macOS Catalina. It should drop into your /Applications folder, where you can reference it from the USB creation documentation. Cancel any attempts by the download to run the installer.

10 replies

Oct 6, 2020 2:57 PM in response to VikingOSX

Mr. bleary eyes here. Then perform the download on High Sierra if the iMac is 2012 or newer, and quit the installer.

The current process seems to only allow downloading a "stub" installer if you are not running that version of the OS. The stub installer downloads the installation files when it runs the install. Once you've installed that OS, you can download the full installer file.

how to download 10.15.7 full installer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.