Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i know if my photos are all jpg format?

Trying to upload an album from my MacBook Pro to Shutterfly. It only uploaded random pics from the album. When I asked Shutterfly, they said it's because some of the pics are not jpg. All were taken with the same iPhone and went directly to my laptop. How would some be one format and others a different format? How do I know what the formal is and how to I change if it somehow they are not jpg?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 2:31 AM

If your newer photos are in the HEIC format, you may want to have a look at this support document: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

It explains, how to control the Settings for the High Efficiency format on the iPhone.

2 replies

Oct 6, 2020 2:50 PM in response to sunfork

Change the view in the thumbnails view so you are seeing the whole image, and not just square tiles.

Then in the view menu>show metadata, tick titles.

You should see the filename beneath each image, which will also show .jpg or (probably) .heic (the new format used by iphone)

If you have heic format images and shutterfly can't upload them, then you need to export them first to jpg files on your drive, and upload them from there.

How do i know if my photos are all jpg format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.