Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

heic to jpg

I noticed that my photos in Apple Photos are showing as .heic

I have no memory of being asked if I wanted this to be the file format either in Photos OR on iPhone.

I have already changed HOW photos are saved on the iPhone so I am ok going forward. However, I want to change ANY and ALL of my photos in my collection. Is there a way to Batch change the format right within the Photos program?

I did not even notice this until I had to send a photo to someone else and they replied that they could not open the photos. I had to convert one by one and then resend. Enough of that. Please advise...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 1:17 PM

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple deviceshttps://support.apple.com/HT207022

"

Converting this media

You can convert HEIF and HEVC media by exporting to a different format from an Apple or third-party app. For example:

If you open an HEIF image in Photos or Preview on your Mac, you can choose File > Export, then choose a format such as JPEG or PNG before saving.

If you open an HEVC video in QuickTime Player on your Mac, you can choose File > Export As, then save to H.264 by making sure the HEVC checkbox isn’t selected.

"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 1:17 PM in response to nitewalker

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple deviceshttps://support.apple.com/HT207022

"

Converting this media

You can convert HEIF and HEVC media by exporting to a different format from an Apple or third-party app. For example:

If you open an HEIF image in Photos or Preview on your Mac, you can choose File > Export, then choose a format such as JPEG or PNG before saving.

If you open an HEVC video in QuickTime Player on your Mac, you can choose File > Export As, then save to H.264 by making sure the HEVC checkbox isn’t selected.

"

heic to jpg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.