Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Apple Cash already enabled" for teenager who doesn't have Apple Cash? Family Sharing?

I'm trying to set up Apple Cash for my teenager in Family Sharing, but I keep getting an error that he already has Apple Cash enabled. When I go to his phone and his Apple ID, Apple Cash is turned off and gives an error if you try to turn it on. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can turn on Apple Cash for him via Family Sharing? Thanks!

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 3:56 PM

To set up Apple Cash Family you must first close any accounts that children already had. Make sure that the balance is zero then go here - Manage your Apple Cash account - Apple Support next, go here - Set up and use Apple Cash Family. (Additional support links View and limit your child or teen's Apple Cash activity, Leave Apple Cash Family, Apple Cash and person to person payments limits)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 3:56 PM in response to KungPaoKat

To set up Apple Cash Family you must first close any accounts that children already had. Make sure that the balance is zero then go here - Manage your Apple Cash account - Apple Support next, go here - Set up and use Apple Cash Family. (Additional support links View and limit your child or teen's Apple Cash activity, Leave Apple Cash Family, Apple Cash and person to person payments limits)

"Apple Cash already enabled" for teenager who doesn't have Apple Cash? Family Sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.