Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Import Request but iCloud Photos Switched On

Hi,

I have iCloud Photos enabled on my mac and phone, everything is syncing fine and the number of photos/videos shown on both devices matches (around 16,000 in total).

However, when I connect my phone to the Mac, the import dialogue opens and it asks if I want to import 750 photos, it also states that 2,500 have already been imported. The majority of the photos are a few years old and most of them are photos I imported to Photos directly, i.e. they were not taken with the phone.

Its not a big issue, but curious as to why the Mac is 'seeing' some photos as being new when whey are already sync'd in iCloud.

Thanks

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 6:36 AM

One possible reason would be, that that photos, that the iPhone is downloading from iCloud will be shown as new files. The downloaded files are having a different creation date from the photos already on your Mac. Just ignore the import request.

1 reply

Photos Import Request but iCloud Photos Switched On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.