Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID is not accepting password to update apps after updating to ios14.

it only accepts password when I individually update any app whic is frustrating because I have now 29 apps pending for update. How do I fix this issue so I can just click on update all button and it updates all my apps?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 6:30 AM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2020 2:25 PM in response to shiraz19

Hi Shiraz19,

It sounds like you can't update all apps in the App Store, you have to manually enter in your Apple ID password to update them individually. We've got your back!

Try signing in on the Apple ID website: Manage your Apple ID

Go to Settings > [Account] > Media & Purchases and sign in.

Do you happen to have another Apple ID? If so, could these apps have been downloaded using that other account? This could prevent your apps from updating altogether, since they were downloaded using another account.

Hoping that gets you moving in the right direction. If not, let us know if you only use one Apple ID and if you are signed in successfully to Settings > [Account] > Media & Purchases? What is the error you receive exactly when you attempt to update them all?

Wishing you the best, take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.