Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone Battery Drain Issue - First Notes, now Flashlight

A week after updating to iOS 14, I experienced the Notes battery drain issue (phone got SUPER hot and battery was drained in a matter of hours) a few days in a row. I deleted all widgets on my widget page, the Notes widget on my Home Screen, and all other widgets on my Home Screen except my Calendar widget. I started experiencing a battery drain just now, so I looked at the battery usage in Settings and it says “Flashlight 42%/1h”. I know for a fact I have not even touched my Flashlight, especially not for an hour. So, I turned my phone off and back on after 5 minutes. Now, I looked back at my battery usage, it says my Flashlight was using battery again “Flashlight 33m”. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? Please advise.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 6:40 AM

I'm having the same issue with Notes Widget. I've removed all my widgets and it says my battery usage in the last 24 hours the Notes Widget used 91%. What the heck is happening. I've noticed my battery drains alot faster.

13 replies

Oct 12, 2020 3:06 PM in response to AdventureObsessed

Hello AdventureObsessed,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that the battery usage on your iPhone shows that Flashlight is consuming your battery. We'd be happy to look into this with you.

Which iPhone model, and exact iOS 14 version are you using? Settings > General > About.

iOS 14.0.1 was recently released, so if you haven’t updated to that, let’s do so now. 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your iPhone is already up-to-date on software, please try the steps in the following link:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

Under: "Tips for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch"

After making those changes, we'd like to have you use your device as normal for 48 hours, so we can see if there's any improvement. 

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Oct 24, 2020 1:30 PM in response to 49er4evr

Has anyone found a way to fix this problem? Since updating my software to iOS 14.1, Notes are draining the battery so that it lasts less than 5 hours. Today, I've turned off background app refresh for Notes and deleted all of the widgets. I then charged my phone to 100% but the battery's drained already and it says the usage is 79% Notes widget and background activity. I've got an iPhone 8.

Nov 16, 2020 4:36 AM in response to AdventureObsessed

Same thing happening to me that’s what brought me here. My 11 pro max is less than a year old. Have never had to charge the battery throughout the day, it lasts until bed. Since this update I barely get a couple hours out of it, I’m charging it 4-5 times a day. Looked at my battery usage and Notes is using 75% wtf?! This is insane and extremely frustrating. My phone is also overheating.

IPhone Battery Drain Issue - First Notes, now Flashlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.