Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad battery

Hello, I bought a new iPad pro almost a year ago and recently noticed that the battery drains quickly even if I don’t use it at all; I turned off all the functions running in the background, turned off notifications ... and nothing helped. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do. I only use it for notes and nothing else. Thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 1:39 AM

Make sure to toggle OFF both WiFi AND Bluetooth IN THE SETINGS APP, when not using your iPad.

Not just turning these off in the iPadOS Control Panel.

Make sure you keep your iPad's screen brightness down to a tolerable level.

In Mail settings, under Accounts, you might want to adjust how often mail gets fetched.

I set my mail to ONLY fetch manually when I actually open my Mail app and use Notifications banner to let me know when I actually have received email.

In Accessibility, toggle on Reduce Motion to mimise all of the OS animated motion graphics.

Not sure where this is located in Accessibility, but it is there somewhere.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 1:39 AM in response to domen-tomc

Make sure to toggle OFF both WiFi AND Bluetooth IN THE SETINGS APP, when not using your iPad.

Not just turning these off in the iPadOS Control Panel.

Make sure you keep your iPad's screen brightness down to a tolerable level.

In Mail settings, under Accounts, you might want to adjust how often mail gets fetched.

I set my mail to ONLY fetch manually when I actually open my Mail app and use Notifications banner to let me know when I actually have received email.

In Accessibility, toggle on Reduce Motion to mimise all of the OS animated motion graphics.

Not sure where this is located in Accessibility, but it is there somewhere.

iPad battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.