Newsroom Update

Apple announces new accessibility features, including Eye Tracking, Music Haptics, and Vocal Shortcuts. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 - MFI hearing aids now playing all system sounds - separate volume control requested

System sounds, including notifications, are now optionally sent to MFI hearing aids.

(This feature previously appeared in iOS 13 and was removed in iOS 13.2.)

I now hear notification sounds much more surely than via the phone speaker.

I am grateful that this feature has returned, with a setting to Disable it for those annoyed by it.

Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > Play System Sounds

However, the volume of the notification sounds via hearing aids is very loud.

Request - a setting to adjust Hearing Aid System Sound volume.

As a work around, lower volume notification sounds can be selected for each notifying app.

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 6:12 AM

The "RINGER AND ALERTS" volume setting adjusted both the speaker volume and the hearing aid volume.

Settings > Sounds > RINGER AND ALERTS

Disabling its "Change with Buttons" option locks the ringer and alerts volume from volume button changes.

I am a happy camper now.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 6:12 AM in response to GregWM

The "RINGER AND ALERTS" volume setting adjusted both the speaker volume and the hearing aid volume.

Settings > Sounds > RINGER AND ALERTS

Disabling its "Change with Buttons" option locks the ringer and alerts volume from volume button changes.

I am a happy camper now.

iOS 14 - MFI hearing aids now playing all system sounds - separate volume control requested

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.