Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple update ruined my ipad

i was peacefully using my ipad, i havent used it for a long time, maybe 1year minimum. i only used it at home for wireless connection can watch anime b4 sleep. then early morning i was just to check the scene i left between sasuke versus Itachi sasano skill. my ipad cannot be open cuz the message display is cable and itune. so i connect to the itune maybe its an update. then during update, an error occur. then when i unplug my ipad it has no displayed anymore. i check any guidelines how to restore from factory setting but to no avail holding home and power not displaying anything even for 5 mins holding them.

my ipad 4 is old almost 7 yrs old. i bought it since 1st yr of release in the market. they should have not forced us to mandatory update. especially if it affects the booting process.

****** IOS full of bugs. now i have to spend money for repair cuz the online help cant do anything except hold home and power top button.

i notice during the update, the usb connection in my device manager is being removed during the update process. then everything stops after the extraction of data. my device manager can detect the device but itune cannot find it on diagnostics connection.

ive been using desktop since high school, now im old, i never experience any thirdparty hardware that can be detected by device manager and yet parent software is having a hard time recognizing it. or at least display a more constructive error message. even the sensitive overclocking CPU can do better management than Itunes. my error message in Itune is 4005. all guides i found in the net pointing me to hold home and power top.

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 10:05 AM

Hello!

Did you check this article? If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

If the problem still continues after the steps provided in the article, you may want to contact Apple: Get Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple update ruined my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.