Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Code error 4042

I have the same problem with my iPad as CaroVenegas. Am I really supposed to buy another device because your software messed up my iPad?? What a shame, if it’s true.

CaroVenegas wrote:

I tried to update my iPad 6th gen today, software was not properly installed and now my iPad won't turn on. I tried to restore it and enter the DFU mode. I keep getting that it couldn't fix the software because of a 4042 error.

Anyone knows what to do?

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 4:00 PM

and

I don't see that code in either of Apple supported links

iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Find an iTunes or Finder error code - Apple Support

and

I know! I found another person who had the same problem and customer service told him to ask for another device if within guarantee, or purchase another iPad. I mean, really????

Am I suppose to buy another device because their software messed up my iPad??

I tried to book a call with CS but they don’t support clients if not within US apparently… I couldn’t enter my number…

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 11:27 AM

Use this to contact Apple in your location. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. 

2 replies

Code error 4042

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.