Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Itunes stopped playing music recently and I don't know why. I have been importing my CDs that I owned for many years and I have used Itunes since about 2008. Now they're not audible.

I can see the song titles across the top and the timer going as if the song is playing. However, there is no sound. Prior to tonight, I was blocked from seeing even this much. I went to settings to check and it says the sound is coming from the speakers. I checked the volume on the speakers but still no sound. There is a speaker icon next to individual songs as they appear across the top as if they're playing.

Can someone help me find another place to look for sound again? I haven't made any changes to the computer and nothing else is plugged in that would require audio right now.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 5:13 AM

Use Edit > Preferences > Playback and look at the entry for Play Audio Using. This will normally be set to either Direct Sound or Windows Audio Session. Changing to the other setting may help. If not set back to the first option and apply once more.

For further advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2020 5:13 AM in response to another_apple_victim

Use Edit > Preferences > Playback and look at the entry for Play Audio Using. This will normally be set to either Direct Sound or Windows Audio Session. Changing to the other setting may help. If not set back to the first option and apply once more.

For further advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

tt2

My Itunes stopped playing music recently and I don't know why. I have been importing my CDs that I owned for many years and I have used Itunes since about 2008. Now they're not audible.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.