Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone skips 20 seconds ahead when playing audio

On my iphone, when playing music on Itunes, listening to youtube with their app, or playing podcasts on spotify every now and then the palayback will start to go into a 'preview' mode. With Itunes at 20 seconds it shuffles to the next song. With youtube, it goes to the next video. With Spotify, it jumps 15 seconds ahead in the podcast. This has been happening for years on different phones and IOS versions. I noticed with spotify it only happens when the podcast is open in full screen mode. This only seems to occur when the device is using bluetooth, but happens with multiple bluetooth devices. It is totally random in occurrence, but seems to increase in frequency over time. Turning off shuffle in itunes seems to help (for Itunes), as does a phone reboot. This is driving me crazy and while I see lots of similar reports of this issue, I can't find a solution. And yes, I am at the latest version of IOS, etc. Have turned on/off icloud, rearranged folders etc. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 6:13 AM

Keep your iPhone screen locked while listening to songs.

Similar questions

1 reply

iphone skips 20 seconds ahead when playing audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.