You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable autocorrect correcting ones typing in push notifications window?

I have properly turned off Messages "autocorrect" function on my MacBook Pro, that runs on macOS High Sierra. Everything works perfectly if I type directly in Messages window. No autocorrecting what so ever. Fantastic.

However, if Messages app is not "active" and someone sends me a message, I receive a push notification. Still fantastic. Love it. But, if I decide to reply to that message there (in the tiny push notification window), it still autocorrects the he*l out of my message. Despite the fact that I have completely disabled autocorrect from the settings of my Messages app.

How can I stop autocorrect doing that? How can I disable autocorrect and stop it from correcting my typing when I reply to messages using push notification window?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 6:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 9:29 PM

There is also auto-correct settings located in the Keyboard System Preferences as well. In the Keyboard System Preferences you need to select the second tab labeled "Text" and uncheck the items you don't want enabled. I hate all the auto-correct features as well. Seems there are system wide settings and sometimes individual app settings.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2020 9:29 PM in response to Name_Familyname

There is also auto-correct settings located in the Keyboard System Preferences as well. In the Keyboard System Preferences you need to select the second tab labeled "Text" and uncheck the items you don't want enabled. I hate all the auto-correct features as well. Seems there are system wide settings and sometimes individual app settings.

How to disable autocorrect correcting ones typing in push notifications window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.