Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prevent two different Macs from syncing

Hi everyone, first need to let you know my English is kind of small. So ill try the best I can. I have two mac. One is air and the other is pro. I bought the second one just for a different and specific task and don't want to have the same content on both like photos, file, download etc... Can somebody help me with this please? I have tried already finding info on line but cant find any....Thanks for your help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 7:22 AM

Claudviajer wrote:

Hi everyone, first need to let you know my English is kind of small. So ill try the best I can. I have two mac. One is air and the other is pro. I bought the second one just for a different and specific task and don't want to have the same content on both like photos, file, download etc... Can somebody help me with this please? I have tried already finding info on line but cant find any....Thanks for your help.

If you use the same Apple ID to log into your iCloud account it will synch between devices.

Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 7:22 AM in response to Claudviajer

Claudviajer wrote:

If you use the same Apple ID to log into your iCloud account it will synch between devices.

Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

Prevent two different Macs from syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.