Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with latest Catalina update

Seems that Apple released a Catalina update last night. Not sure if it was 15.7 or 15.8, but it completely destroyed my computer. The software is working, the issue is that the computer refuses to recognize power cables. So after using the computer for an hour, I no longer have any battery power left (don’t get me started on how poor the battery performance is), and the MacBook Pro will not recognizing any charging cables or chargers. Do not update Catalina!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 8:29 AM

sreaz wrote:

Seems that Apple released a Catalina update last night. Not sure if it was 15.7 or 15.8, but it completely destroyed my computer. The software is working, the issue is that the computer refuses to recognize power cables. So after using the computer for an hour, I no longer have any battery power left (don’t get me started on how poor the battery performance is), and the MacBook Pro will not recognizing any charging cables or chargers. Do not update Catalina!

Try re-applying the stand alone combo update to sort anomalies—

Combo update macOS 10.15.7 https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2052?locale=en_US

I have had no issues with Catalina since it's debut release (?)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 8:29 AM in response to sreaz

sreaz wrote:

Try re-applying the stand alone combo update to sort anomalies—

Combo update macOS 10.15.7 https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2052?locale=en_US

I have had no issues with Catalina since it's debut release (?)

Issues with latest Catalina update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.