Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3th screen doesn't work in multiple screen setup with mac pro late 2013 / 10.15.7

Hi,

My issue. I have 3 monitors 2xBenQ and 1x Acer. These are connected to my Mac Pro Late 2013 version, with 10.15.7 macos through thunderbolt - Hdmi cables. I have put the cables in the 3 different busses as advised. My problem: Only 2 monitors are working at the same time. 2x BenQ: Works, 1xBenQ 1xAcer works etc.. But I never have 3 monitors running at the same time.

To be exact, never got it working. All monitors work with their cables in different busses but never all at once.

Anyone a clue, what I can try?

Thanks in advance.

SKaySenior

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 2:05 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 8, 2020 5:37 PM in response to SKaySenior

Modern Macs like yours are set up for DisplayPort signal levels, which are much lower than "legacy" levels used for HDMI. Your Mac Pro can drive at most TWO displays using adapters and the built-in HDMI port before the voltage levels drop so low that one of the displays (somewhat at random) will drop out due to low signal levels.

Solutions include:

Using DisplayPort adapters for displays that have a DisplayPort family input.

Using ACTIVE adapters, which re-drive the signals at the required higher signaling levels.

3th screen doesn't work in multiple screen setup with mac pro late 2013 / 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.